Though many people fear going to the dentist, the sobering truth is that dental health is vitally important to one’s overall health and well-being. Recent studies have found a link between poor long-term dental health and heart disease. There are also numerous dental health problems associated with poor dental hygiene.
A Wide Range of Dental Problems
These dental health problems include, but are not limited to:
- Cavities: When plaque is allowed to form on teeth due to poor teeth brushing techniques and poor dental hygiene, it eats away at the tooth enamel and damages the bone. Over time, the action of plaque and bacteria forms a hole or cavity in the tooth. This can turn into chronic or an acute toothache and result in nerve damage.
- Root canal treatment: When a nerve is damaged, infected or worse, the toothache that results can be excruciating. This is when a root canal treatment at an experienced dental clinic is required to remove the remaining pulp and nerve tissue.
- Implants: Some people have missing teeth, due to injury or poor dental health. In the long term, these missing teeth can lead to sagging skin, jaw problems and speech difficulties. Reputable clinics like Dr. Roze Dental Clinic use premium quality titanium implants that last for many years. For many people with missing teeth, having a reputable and reliable dentist repair them through the use of implants can be a life-changing experience!
- Teeth whitening: Though it may seem an act of pure vanity to many, tooth whitening is a simple and affordable procedure with effective results. For those people whose careers depend on bright white smiles, the procedure can mean a great deal. For others who undergo the teeth whitening treatment offered by reliable and reputable dental clinics, the results can translate to a huge boost in confidence.
The Features and Benefits of a Reputable Dental Clinic
Dental technology has improved dramatically in recent years. Many dental clinics now use advanced computer and software technology to make diagnosis fast and treatment effective. We are certainly a long way from the images of large cumbersome drills and rows of sharp implements!
A reliable and reputable dental clinic also invests a great deal of time in making all patients feel comfortable and at ease. This is achieved through any or all of the following means:
- A flexible appointment system so that the patients feel more in control of their own treatment schedules
- A compassionate and understanding bedside manner so that patients feel less anxious and more at ease
- A high level of service and attention to detail
- Detailed dental health records for all patients that can be called up very quickly and easily through the use of computer technology and advanced software solutions
Prevention Is Always Better Than Cure
Great dentists spend a lot of time teaching children about good dental hygiene so that they develop good dental health habits, including regular and effective teeth brushing and flossing, and attend dental clinics regularly for checkups. Good dental health is one of the cornerstones of your overall health and should never be neglected for any reason.